Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Super Savings at Super Kmart!

So, I've been frequenting this blog called Money Saving Mom. She gives links to awesome printable coupons and free samples, but also does things like pantry/no shopping challenges and such. Well, Super Kmart is running a double coupon special right now. In my area, it's only coupons up to $2 (so it would be $4 off), but in other places they are TRIPLING 75 cent coupons, and doubling up to $4 (so $8 off!). My store did not have it in this week's flyer, but they are still doing it. There is also a $5 off $50 grocery coupon on the sale paper.

On Money Saving Mom, she has links to 3 different blogs with lists for things you can get free or for very little with this special. I spent last night going through the coupons I have and printing out additional ones. I am planning to keep going until I run out of good coupons (you can only use 25 at a time). I have been twice today. Here is what I scored:

2 bottles of Suave lotion (will donate or give away) - 50 cents each
2 bottles of Clean & Clear facial wash - 50 cents each
1 Ban deodorant - FREE
5 boxes of Kotex panty liners (for after baby) - FREE
2 packages of Kotex pads (for after baby) - $1.98 each
1 tube of Aquafresh toothpaste - $1.49
2 bags of Halls cough drops - FREE
2 bottles of Listerine - 59 cents each
1 bottle of Aveeno baby wash - 79 cents
1 tube of Aveeno baby lotion - 79 cents
2 Sure deodorants - 29 cents each
3 small packages of Huggies wipes - FREE
2 large tubs of Huggies wipes - one FREE, one 50 cents (cashier selected wrong item for different coupon)
6 bags of Hersheys Bliss chocolates - $1 each (this was a splurge, but still an awesome price!)
3 bottles of Faygo soda (for Super Girl's birthday party) - 49 cents each
1 box of Cocoa Puffs - 50 cents
1 box of Multi-grain Cheerios - 50 cents
2 boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios - FREE
4 boxes of Post Trail Mix cereal - 3 FREE, 1 was $1
3 packages of pudding Snack Packs - 33 cents each
1 jar of Peter Pan peanut butter - 79 cents
4 cans of Campbells "cream of ..." soups - 2 were 39 cents each, 2 were 59 cents each
1 box of Banquet chicken nuggets - $1.29
2 bottles of Coffee Mate creamer - 29 cents each
1 tub of Daisy sour cream - 49 cents
1# Butterball ground turkey - 99 cents

I also got 3 20 oz bottles of soda (on sale but no coupon) and a package of lunchmeat (no sale/coupon). So far I have spent $29.90. I did much better on my second trip (food items) than on my first (health and beauty). I'm excited to see how I do tonight! Oh, and I've had two 50 cent iced coffees from Dunkin Donuts today!

No comments: