Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Yum!


I forsee a lot of business coming from my house for the delicias man this summer. He walks around the neighborhood sometimes with one of those old-fashioned ice cream push-carts, ringing the bell on it. Super Girl came running in, wanting to know if she could buy a "popsicle". I figured it was going to be a freeze pop (she only wanted a dollar, and I know how over-priced they are). I gave Wonder Boy a dollar, too. When I saw what he came back with, I hustled to get my own dollar! He had some sort of Mexican ice cream bar - chocolate covered strawberry. I hurried out to the man and his cart, which, thankfully, were stopped across the street. He listed off all the flavors he had, and I chose coconut. He had a lot of flavors, most of them fruit. I mean actual, real fruit. Wonder Boy's had big pieces of strawberry in the ice cream, and mine had nice chunks of coconut. It was SOOOOOO GOOOOOOD!!! I think I'm going to have to start keeping a few dollars on hand this summer, especially since I got 3 ice creams for the price one would be from the ice cream truck. I won't be able to get one for us all the time, but it's nice to know I can let the kids have a treat sometimes at a more affordable price (and with some real fruit in the mix, too!).

3 comments:

Milburns' said...

YUM!!!! We have a guy just like that here!!! I had a arroze con leche pop... cinnamon sugar rice cooked in milk and frozen... OHHH MAN. It was super good too! :-)

Unknown said...

That rocks!! I wish we had an ice cream guy like that around here!

Kelly said...

THat's so awesome! Yeah, our mexican only has the commercialized stuff, cartoons made into ice cream with extra sugar on top of sugar.