Monday, May 3, 2010

Made-By-Me Monday

This week for Made-By-Me Monday, I present to you a pair of pants I made for Little Miss. I wanted some sky blue pants to go with a few of her shirts, but didn't want to pay for them. I rooted around and found a very stretchy maternity shirt I had worn while I was pregnant with her, but didn't actually care for the fit. The color was just what I was looking for!

So, armed with McCall's pattern #3665 and some elastic I salvaged from a fitted sheet, I hacked into the shirt. I came up with these pants, using view F.

Front:
Back:

After ripping out the waist band and making the elastic tighter, I'm pretty pleased with them! This was my first time making ruffles, and I think it would have been easier if I were not working with such a stretchy material - the machine kept flattening out the gathers. After ripping off the first row and pinning it a ton, it came out a lot better!

What about you? Did you find time to be creative this week? Leave a comment with your link to share with others (I'm still working out the Mr. Linky thing).

1 comment:

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

How cute...now I will have to remember that when God blessings me with a granddaughter!
Janette