Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Three My Old

Super Girl is 11 years old.  Before she was even born, Mr. Man and I decided we were finished having kids.  Life was good, and we were happy.  Then, we felt God speaking to us about our family.  We obeyed, and ended up with another baby in our home after 8 years.  Things would never be the same, and for that, I am grateful.  My Little Miss is a force unto herself.  Without her, my days would definitely not be the same.

Little Miss has her own...

  • Sense of style.

  • Vocabulary.  For example, lately, she loves to spread out a set of foam beadles (beads) and play with them.  She plaused the tv show she was watching earlier.  And, when she tells people how old she is, she says, "I'm three my old."  Apparently, the word "years" and the word "your" are related in her mind, so it translates "years" into "my".  I have also heard her talking about Sticky Mouse (Mickey Mouse) and singing about Nakey Doodle.
  • Fierce Independence.  She often gets upset if anyone, especially her older brother, tries to help her accomplish something - unless she's asked for help.  Even then, it'd better be on her terms.  Sometimes, she downright shocks me with what she can do.  She roller skated today!  And, she was good at it!  Granted, she was wearing those little Fisher Price preschool skates, but she fell down less than the older two did.  However, it wasn't because she was holding on to anything.  Not even the wall!  I was utterly amazed to watch her little legs shuffling her around the skating rink, while much bigger, faster kids whizzed by her.  It didn't faze her at all - in fact, she was thrilled to be a big kid, out there skating.  It never occurred to me that she'd want to skate and actually be able to do it!  The grin on her face was just so precious - she loved every minute of it!
There are so many other ways my Little Miss is unique.  And, yes, she drives me crazy with her shrieking and screaming on an hourly basis sometimes.  But she also brings such joy into our lives, and I can't imagine our family without her.  I'm so thankful God chose to bless us with this particular "three my old".

No comments: