Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tasty Tuesday

Welcome to my second new theme day: Tasty Tuesday. That's right - recipe sharing! Last night I made a really yummy pasta dish from a little book my mom gave me on our recent visit, Rachael Ray Top 30 30-Minute Meals: Kid Food.


This book has several tasty-looking recipes that I am planning to try. Last night's recipe was "Peasant Pasta". She has a "grown-up" version on her website, but I couldn't find the exact recipe I used last night. Any how, it calls for 1 lb. sweet Italian sausage, 28 oz. canned tomatoes, 1/2 c frozen peas, 1/2 c cream, 1/2 lb. penne pasta, and grated parmesan. I chose to substitute a package of fresh mushrooms for the peas, as I don't care for peas and tomatoes together. This was such an easy dish - just brown the sausage and mushrooms while the pasta is cooking, then after draining the pasta, dump everything else into the pot with the noodles. Cook it for a little bit longer, and - ta da! I took the book's suggestion to serve it with a loaf of crusty bread. This is one recipe that I will definitely be making again! Even my picky Wonder Boy seemed to like it!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

sounds great. ordering that book.

love the simplicity of your blog look!