Sunday, April 17, 2011

Weekly Deals 4-17: Part One

This is only part one, because there were some deals I need to go back for. After I got to CVS, I realized the new cinnamon Cheerios are included in this week's sale, for which I have a bunch of 75¢ coupons. With the sale and coupons, they will be only $1.25 a box! I also intend to get a few more of the Physician's Formula products (with the $5 coupon I have, it makes the ORGANIC mascara 88¢ each after the sale!), and I'd forgotten my Arizona Tea coupons. This is the reason I really should bring my coupon binder with me every time - something I already know, but have gotten lazy about!

First up, CVS:

From CVS, I ended up with: 4 boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios, 2 boxes of Chocolate Cheerios, a gallon of whole and a gallon of 2% milk, a bag of paper Easter grass, 4 bottles of kids gummy vitamins, a bottle of Osteo Bi-Flex (for my momma!**), a can of Edge shave gel, 2 tubes of Aquafresh kids toothpaste (for my Operation Christmas Child stash), a Schick Intuition razor, a package of Ivory soap (also for Operation Christmas Child), 2 Reach flosses, and 2 Physician's Formula organic mascaras.

I paid $35.08 for $127.87 worth of goods - 73% savings.

Next up, my bigger challenge, Walgreens:

From Walgreens, I brought home: 2 packages of King's Hawaiian rolls, 2 tubes of Luster toothpaste, 3 rolls of Scotch tape, 2 packages of Yes To Cucumbers towelettes, 1 Betty Crocker cake mix, 1 tub of Betty Crocker frosting, 2 Reach flosses, a tube of Colgate, 1 Colgate toothbrush, 2 Yes To Carrots lip balms, and 5 Wet 'N' Wild nail polishes (fillers). There were several more things I wanted, but I was working with the cash in my wallet and ran out. I'm sure someone else would have been able to get a lot more with the cash and coupons I had, but I did the best I could! I'm hoping that when I go back, they'll have more of the rolls - we like these a lot, and I freeze them when I find them for a good price. I also forgot a few coupons, again - ANOTHER reminder to bring my binder!!!

I ended up spending $14.98 for $67.13 worth of merchandise - 78% savings. Much better than last week!

**I mentioned last week that I got the Flex-A-Min for my mom, and I picked up Osteo Bi-Flex for her this week. My mom has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes joint support products to help with it. She does not have a spending plan with her health insurance, and since these products are over-the-counter, they are not covered. If I can help her out by getting these products (which normally run about $20 a bottle) for $5 or less, I'm happy to do it! My parents have helped us out plenty, and a little here and there is not going to hurt us at all. There are often products like this that can be gotten for very little compared to the regular price, or even the generic - when you use a coupon combined with a sale. Do you know someone who would benefit from the gift of herbal supplements or over-the-counter medicines? I encourage you to go ahead and help them out! Whether or not you want them to reimburse you - that's up to you to work out, but I bet you could find a few dollars in your budget for it!

Do you play the "drugstore game"? I get all my deals from two places: Hip2Save (she has a great customizable, printable list), and MoneySavingMom. These two gals save me a LOT of time! You can go there to check out this week's deals. I hope I inspired you to save some money!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

HEY, that's my mascara.

Jen said...

@Michelle - LOL, actually those are MY mascaras! I didn't get your other two until later that week. I mentioned them in my post, but didn't take a picture. That was such an awesome deal, I was STOKED to be able to stock up on them!