Friday, April 22, 2011

Weekly Deals 4-17: Part Two

I made two more trips to CVS so far, another trip to Walgreens, and a trip to Kohls.

I made one trip to CVS, then got home to discover that the new one they've been working on in town has opened, and they sent me a bunch of good coupons that are only good at that location. One of them was a $10 off $20 purchase! These are my purchases combined: 4 boxes of Cinnamon Cheerios, 2 boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios, a box of Huggies, a 2-liter of Pepsi, 2 water bottles and a 2-pack of small sports bottles (for Easter baskets), 2 bottles of Marvel gummy vitamins, John Freida heat protection spray and shine spray, 2 packages of Thermacare back/hip pads, a notebook (for my bloggy endeavors), a bottle of CVS hair detangler, a bag of CVS caramel cremes, a Physician's Formula mascara and blush, a bottle of Advil, a package of birthday candles, and 2 packages of Orbit gum. I also got two more mascaras for a friend of mine who lives overseas. The gum, detangler, caramels and Pepsi were all free with the coupons from the new store.

I paid $56.04 for all of the above, which CVS says was worth $172.42, which means I saved about 68%. I still have $3 ECB left, too, as well as a coupon for free photo prints.

I received a $10 off coupon from Kohls, which is always exciting! There is no minimum purchase requirement, so you can get a $10 item for free! These shirts are for Super Girl's birthday this week. They were on sale, 50% off $18.99, making them about $4 each after the coupon.

My second Walgreens trip was this morning, since I needed more frosting for Super Girl's cake. I picked up 2 more packages of King's Hawaiian rolls, 3 boxes of Betty Crocker brownies and a box of cake mix, 2 tubes of Aquafresh training toothpaste, 2 boxes of Always Infinity pads, 2 packages of Yes To Cucumbers face towellettes, 2 Yes To Carrots lip balms, a Wet 'N' Wild nail polish, and a tub of Betty Crocker frosting.

I got my total down to $20.94 from $54.24, a savings of 62%.

I also made a trip to my local grocery store, and was able to save about 60% there, too.

Do you play the "drugstore game"? I get all my deals from two places: Hip2Save (she has a great customizable, printable list), and MoneySavingMom. These two gals save me a LOT of time! You can go there to check out this week's deals. I hope I inspired you to save some money!

No comments: