Ok, so I also mentioned that I went on a produce buying spree. However, I was passing up a lot of the stuff I'd bought, simply because I was hungry right that second and didn't want to take another 10 minutes to chop stuff up. I also had some stuff in there to make baby food for #5. My solution yesterday was to haul out all those fruits and veggies and just deal with them, rather than letting them go bad in my refrigerator.
I didn't get everything addressed before dinner-making went awry, but I did accomplish:
- roasting red peppers
- slicing carrots and peppers for snacking
- chopping peppers, radishes, and carrots to throw in salads
- roasting pears and peaches
- roasting turnips, parsnips, and carrots
- putting the pinto beans (which I made a week ago) into 2 cup portions and freezing them for future meals
Between other housework today, I hope to finish the rest of what I wanted to do yesterday: roasting sweet potatoes and butternut squash, chopping/slicing celery and jicama, steaming some carrots for #5, and cooking some white beans. It's so nice to be able to pull something I need out of the freezer! I'll have to roast some more fruit for a dessert some time - Super Girl was a bit disappointed to hear that it was already in the freezer!
I'm linking up here:
And also here: A Bowl Full of Lemons