Wednesday, May 9, 2012

TOS Review: Homeschool Library Builder



I'd never heard of Homeschool Library Builder until I was asked to review it through TOS Homeschool Crew.  Looking around my home, you wouldn't guess that I'm a book junkie.  I have simply become more disciplined about what books I keep and how many.  Don't get me wrong - I still have boxes of homeschool books in the garage along with a box or two of grown-up books, I have too many cookbooks, and I always check out my limit at the library - even if I know I don't have time to read them.  That said, I really didn't need to hear about this website!

Homeschool Library Builder is a site run by two homeschooling families.  They sell both new and used books, and their prices seem very reasonable.  Navigating the site is pretty smooth - there are numerous categories down the left side of the site, as well as a "curriculum" category where you can easily find books for popular options such as Ambleside and Five In a Row.  While browsing, I also saw items from companies such as Math-U-See and A Beka.  The "Helping Hand" category helps to support a child through Compassion International.  The "Vintage & Hard-To-Find" category is my favorite.  There is also a search feature, if you are in a hurry and don't care to browse.

What's better than getting a good deal on a book you really wanted?  How about getting credits to use toward even more books?  If you sign up for a free membership to Homeschool Library Builder, you will not only receive their monthly newsletter which tells of their monthly sale, but you will also receive credit for each book you buy.  You can earn even more credits by referring friends or promoting the site on your own website or blog.  Another perk offered to members is the offer to help you search for a hard-to-find book - for no extra charge!

Best of all, for the month of May, everything on Homeschool Library Builder is 25% off!  I encourage you to check it out - they may just have the book you've been looking for!



Photobucket


***Disclaimer:  I received an additional discount from Homeschool Library Builder for my review through TOS Homeschool Crew.  All opinions are my own.

No comments: