Monday, December 29, 2008

Back Home!

We're finally back home tonight! Mr. Man came back on Saturday, but the kids and I (and the dog) stayed at my parents' house until today. We had to bring our dog, who is mostly German Shepherd, out to my parents' house in order to be able to stay as long as we did. Boarding would have been too expensive. However, I think next time I will save up for one of those nice places where they treat your dog like their own - the ones I called around here were only a few dollars more than the vet's kennel. Anyhow, we couldn't fit the dog and the kids in our car, so we rented a small SUV to get out to my parents' house. Mr. Man took it back the next day, as he had to work the few days before Christmas. My brother drove us back home today in my parents' minivan. We still didn't have room for everything we were bringing back once we got the dog's cage in there. I should have borrowed my friend's smaller cage. Oh, well - at least we made it!

I love my parents, and I love visiting with them. I'd even love living near them. But, it's always nice to come back home.

No comments: