Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Party

Last night was the Christmas party for Mr. Man's employer. It was in Chicago, across the street from Wrigley Field. It was interesting, driving up there. We lived in that neighborhood 10 years ago, and I always like to see if my favorite places have changed. I would really like to spend a day walking around there some time. The last time I was there was a year ago, and it was February - we didn't do much walking around.

Anyhow, the party was nice. It's a small office, so it wasn't really crowded. I still think I only met a handful of the people that were there. My brother stayed with us last night, so that he could watch the kids for us. That way they were able to go to sleep in their own beds, and he's also comfortable with our dog. Plus, he did it for free.

Today, being New Years Eve, I am planning to do an appetizer dinner like we did when I was growing up. We always had a plethora of deep fried stuff, like chicken nuggets and mushrooms. We also had spinach dip and little things my mom would make. We'd load up the table and snack all night long. I don't know if any of us will actually make it to midnight this year, but I'll do what I can with the snacks.

No comments: