Saturday, December 27, 2008

No More Glasses?

My mom paid for an eye exam for me as a Christmas gift. I chose to get the exam for contacts. I have had contacts off and on since I was 15. I never had a problem with them until after I developed Graves Disease. It made my eyes really dry, and they don't seem to have recovered. Right now I have Acuvue Oasys lenses. I tried them several years ago, and they were ok. I was hoping this time around there would be something even better. It seems that if I want to wear contacts, I'm going to have to put up with drops, dry eyes, and not being able to wear them for a full day. I was hoping, with a new baby coming, to be able to wear them full-time to avoid the baby grabbing at my glasses. Now to see if the state medicaid program I'm going on for the pregnancy will cover a new pair of glasses. I badly need them - my current ones are 6 years old, the lenses are yellowing, and they're starting to fall apart. Everytime I put them on, I'm afraid they'll break!

No comments: